From 1 April 2009, HMRC’s powers have increased dramatically.
They are now able to:
- Make inspections unannounced
- Check your records before a tax return is filed
- Demand records without issuing a formal notice
- Ask third parties to check the accuracy of information
- Investigate direct taxes, VAT and employer compliance, since inspectors are now cross trained
Their aim is no longer to open full enquiries, but to target taxpayers and convince them to comply with
HMRC underpayment estimates as quickly as possible. The most efficient way for them to do this is to
demand early stage pre-return meetings.
Premier Protection protects you from the outset. The widest cover available
- HMRC Full Enquiries
- Pre-Intervention / Dispute cover
- HMRC VAT Reviews
- Late returns accepted
- HMRC Employer Compliance Reviews
- Pre-acceptance costs
- HMRC Aspect Enquiries
- Directors and partners cover
- HMRC Intervention relating to Self Assessment, employer compliance and VAT
- Access to Business Support Helpline
- PLUS No excess as standard and no ‘reasonable care’ clauses
Cover is provied by CCH. CCH is a trading name of Wolters Kluwer (UK) Limited. Wolters Kluwer (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority for general insurance business.